Saturday, December 20, 2008

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Seasonal Affective Disorder, also known as S.A.D. , is called by old-timers the "Wintertime blues". It comes from not getting very much sunshine and/or fresh air and outdoor exercise. I'm feeling the sad blues myself today. Although I have a deep love for winter, the sun holds a prominent place in my spiritual life. And since a persons spiritual life has a direct bearing on their physical life, a lack of sunshine can really leave me feeling odd and detatched from all that is familiar. Like a stranger in a strange land. +++ In the Summer I sit in the Sun's rays and meditate deeply. I use an ancient Vedic technique for drawing the solar energies in through the eyes. Once the rays are inside of me, I circulate them up and down the subtle spine. This has a tremedously energizing and healing effect. +++ NEVER look directly at the Sun. The way I do it is to face the Sun, then roll my pupils over into a sidelong glance, while my eyeballs are still very much open and facing the Sun. Then I concentrate on "seeing" the different wavelengths of rays. Placing my attention upon these ray waves, causes them to quantify, to become a mass of particles instead of waves. "Watching" or seeing is a quantum action. An act of transformation. I do the same technique with the skin also. All one must do is let the suns rays impact the skin, then "see" the energy and allow it to absorb into the body. Many ailments can be cured in this way. Including depression. Inside of our subtle body exists the equivelent of the Sun. It is located between the eyebrows and a bit inside. There is much to be learned from experiencing both of these solar orbs.