Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.
Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.
The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.
The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.
As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.
Days and weeks passed.
One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.
As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.
Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.
It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window
The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.
She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present.'
Catastrophic Event Monitoring Station
- Landslide Early Warning System (new)
- Volcano Status Map (new)
- USA Radiation Levels Monitor (real time)
- Google Flood Map (new)
- X-Class Flare Early Warning System (CMEs, EMPs)
- Earthquake Alert System
- Tsunami Early Warning System
- Hurricane Early Warning System
- Flood monitor
- Yellowstone Mega-Volcano Status Monitor
- Famine Early Warning System
- Wildlife Disease/Pandemic Scanner
- Patriots Cave Storm Prediction Center
- Streamflow Map (new)
J the K Preparedness University (JKU)
- Dirt Cheap "Veterinary" Antibiotics And Such For TEOTWAWKI
- The Truth About Canned Food Shelf Life (It can last alot longer than you may think)
- The Killer Caravans (After TEOTWAWKI, roving armies of scumbags will become a true threat)
- What It Will Be Like In Major Cities If TSHTF (and what your options are)
- How To Make A Plan For When The $h!t Hits The Fan
- 10 Day Survival Kit For Your Vehicle (and each vehicle of your family)
- Survival, Evasion And Recovery (U.S. Military Instruction Booklet) PDF file
- How To Have Fresh Fish Year Around For Dirt Cheap (Raising Catfish in 55 gal. barrel)
- The Perfect 3 Cent Breakfast
- Survivalists Medical/1st Aid Kit List Of Contents
- Nuclear War Survival Skills (Free E-book)
- Emergency Short Wave Radio Frequencies
- How To Survive Martial Law
- How To Build A Fallout Bunker
- Making Faraday Cages
- Faraday Cage Debate On Grounding
Cosmic Top Secret
- ENDGAME: Blueprint For Global Enslavement(Most Important Documentary Ever Made)
- Aerosol Crimes (Chemtrails)
- Vaccination: The Hidden Truth (MUST SEE)
- Scientific Verification Of Vedic Knowledge (awe inspiring)
- Ring Of Power (Watch Entire Film And You'll Have Your Doctorate Degree In World History (TRUE History))